Welcome to TYPBC!
The Timaru Yacht and Powerboat Club offers opportunities to share and improve your boating skills whether your interests are in yacht racing, family boating, cruising or joining in with our junior sailing program.
If you can't find what you're looking for here, please use the contact information in the side bar to the right; better yet, show up in person during the sailing season on Saturday afternoons (juniors and seniors) or Sunday afternoons (juniors) to make yourself known.
What’s on at TYPBC? Have a look!
- Having put out a call for the Elliot 6 Inter-club Regatta team member applications, TYPBC received and selected four responding applicants. This year’s team will comprise two returning sailors from last year’s competition, Aidan Berger (trimmer) and Finn Goodman (bow), adding newcomers Aylwen Berger (helm) and Rainer Willcock (main). Coach Brett Willcock came down from […]Read More »
- Graeme Robbins was down from busy Auckland for three days to coach TYPBC’s growing fleet of P-Class sailors in addition to two sailors from Mt. Pleasant, Christchurch: thirteen dinghies on the water all-up. Tuesday morning saw a leopard seal sunning on the ramp, with a pod of non-hectors dolphins apparently feeding in the Bay. After […]Read More »
- Simon Boys facilitated TYPBC’s first safety boat training of the season (and possibly of several recent seasons) today, with high participation from a range of sections but particularly representing the Juniors. A detailed Power-point presentation in the morning with relevant discussion was followed by lunch, with Nathan Fenwick treating some of his BBQ venison. After […]Read More »
- We are grateful for well-known sailor, sail-maker, and coach Graeme Robbins taking time out of his busy schedule to come down and do some coaching for us. If you don’t know who he is, you should! Not only is he a world-class sailor in his own right, he is an experienced coach at all levels […]Read More »
- Sunday morning 11:00 saw ten P’s getting ready for launch in light, shifty conditions under an overcast sky threatening fog…ideal conditions for water-fights, not so ideal for sailing! After Juniors Rep Justin Pauley’s inaugural briefing (expected to be standard operating procedure this season), kids flew down the ramp and then sculled away from the jetty. […]Read More »
Aoraki Development on TYPBC
Find Us Here
Timaru Yacht & Power Boat Club Facebook
Sailing Section - Simon Boys - Sailing@timaruypbc.co.nz
Welcome to the 2017-18 season.
The Aviemore Classic remains our premier event, to be held over Labour Weekend as usual. This event attracts a good fleet from around the country. The reputation this event carries is testament to the expertise and effort of our club’s considerable team of volunteers. A huge thanks to all those involved. Read more...
Trailer Yacht Section - Steve Hutton - Traileryachts@timaruypbc.co.nz
Greetings from the Trailer Yacht Section and a hearty welcome for all members, both those returning for another year and new members beginning what we hope will be a lasting relationship; we hope that this section will provide enough excitement to suit your sailing desires. Read more...
Cruising Section - Rob Berger - Cruising@timaruypbc.co.nz
The cruising section has taken a bit of a hit with Chris Sowerby's departure to the sunny north, but having sold his boat to us he's thankfully been more or less in constant contact since. David Young is still around and often to be found on his yacht, and we hear another yacht is getting ready for her mooring in the harbour. Read more...